Happiness :)

It was a wonderful evening. Unlike the regularity, that particular evening was very pleasant. Thanks to the heavy downpour in the afternoon. The whole street was very deserted and was unusually calm.

Bewitched by the sunset’s enchantment and the calm, my dad and I, after our small evening chat, decided to go for a walk. The sky was beautiful. It had always been a wonder to me. The different tints of colours the sky had, made me believe, that it was after all true to the law in Physics that I learnt or the law in Physics was true to the sky that evening!

As we continued in our walk, I was gazing at a building that was being constructed. Since my dad was a builder himself, I had the habit of asking him questions that came to my mind at that moment (though I am not particularly interested in buildings, I just like the way he takes the interest to answer my little silly questions!!:P).

After my little interview, I heard some loud giggles from the basement of the not-fully-built building. I was stunned. Not that it was of a child’s. But that there was a small family “living” in that construction.  I slowly noticed the family. They were three. A dad, mom and a lil kid. The dad was tossing the little kid up in the air. The kid was giggling wildly. And the mom was all smiles. The family was having a nice cute time together. I was actually feeling very jealous.

I asked my dad, “How are they sooo happy? They don’t have a proper home. No proper food. No proper dress. How can they manage to be like this then?”. My dad coolly replied, “They are just content with what they have. And that’s all is required to be happy”.

Wow!! Isn’t it the answer to a lot of our search all through life? To be true, when I was typing this post, I was looking for an alternate word for “happiness” from the thesaurus, and I was “happy” to see “contentment” as the first suggestion.

I just wished to share with all of you the small eye opener that I had. And I am content that I did manage to. ( I am thinking of using the word “content” instead of “happy” from now on!! Makes more sense!! Doesn’t it? :P:P)

Comments

Popular Posts