The friendship I cherish


We come across many people in our lives. Relatives, co-workers, acquaintances and the list gets longer. At a particular point of time, we happen to forget some far relations and colleagues. We don’t feel much about it even when we happen to meet them later. But, if it is a long forgotten friend, we feel very lost when we face them. It makes us feel ashamed and makes us think of the beautiful days that we spent with the friend. That is because “Friendship is a relation which is not bequeathed upon us as a rule, but is a bond made by two fond souls.”
I happened to realise the height of friendship very few days earlier. That was when my friends got placed. You know, I was feeling the same tense as they had and was waiting for the results as though it was mine. And once it was out and I got to know that they all had made it, then that’s it. I was in cloud eleven. I was jumping and exulting as though I had been them. I felt so very happy. That was out of the friendship I had for them. Never had I done it for my own sister’s even.
At times, when we happen to have a heated argument with our friends, we can’t get over with it even when our family is there to console us. But, if there was some problem in our home and we get to be with our friends, we get to forget things and become happy with their words of consolation. You know why? It is because they are the ones who think from our perspective. They know all about us. They make us feel at home and soothe us. And happiest part of the whole thing is that, our friends’ siblings become ours. :)
Not to mention the hell lot of nicknames you got for your friends. Sometimes, that becomes the only way we could recognise that person even when we are given his/her complete details.
So, cherish the friendship that you have and always be on the look out for more. You will never be let down.

Comments

Unknown said…
luv to be ur frnd forever!

friendship rocks :-)
priya said…
sooo nice.... dear...:-)
Vid said…
vidhu: gr8 writin...hve become a fan of ur writin!! hats off...try writin a novel!!

sam: hey shru, m in vid's house... really overwhelmed seein ur post :) [apadiyae if u write a novel, DEDICATED TO la enga paera podu ma]
"I was jumping and exulting...."..


so funny....
hey shru!!!!!!!! superb de...... love u alot...... :-)
Shobhit said…
nice one..it made me think

Popular Posts