Change

Change, the only constant thing in this universe, has driven me to write my recent experience with it.

One question has been bugging me for a long time. Should we change ourselves to what situations warrant us to or should we change things around us to suit ourselves? Then one fine day I came across a line somewhere in a book, “We should know to differentiate between those that we can change and those that we cannot.”

Well. I tried doing it. You will be surprised. It really worked out so well.
Whenever I face a disturbing situation, I do sit alone patiently (a really tough job for me!!;)) trying to find out if I could change this situation or change my outlook on it. I didn’t just think. But, I wrote down all possible solutions for that problem and tried doing everything. If those didn’t work out as expected, that problem went to the second category. “Unchangeable situation. You better change your outlook on it.” If it did work, the problem is over by then!! :)

I am not saying this as a part of any self motivation campaign, but I thought it was worth sharing. Because, it has given me a lot of positive things. One, it totally changed my attitude towards life and its challenging situations. Two, I am able to give my concentration more to things that I can and should change to overcome certain disturbances. Three, I am able to laugh away all those trivial things that aren’t worth our time and effort. Four I am able to spend some quality time alone. Five and most important is life is a lot lighter now!!

Try doing it. You will have less and less things to worry about. Cause, as some anonymous person has said, “One of the simplest ways to stay happy is to let go of all the things that make you sad.” :)

Comments

Hmm Really feel something by passing this passage !!!!
your thoughts reverberates the
quote " you are the stone
you are the chisel
you are the sculptor
life is what you make of it"

Thatha

Popular Posts