Living Your Dream


He, she, you, I and any other person on earth will want to live his/her dream. Who would not want to? (Pls forget the nightmares we dare not face in real life).

Recently, I was made to realise the actual purpose of me, starting to write this blog. I started it to share my views about the environment and the ways in which we could contribute to its safety and cleanliness. This is actually my dream. I wanted to be of some use to someone before I leave this world. The one way I found was to do something to the environment we live in.

Well, you know what. Dreaming is easy. But, just by dreaming (As I dreamt of “being useful to someone”(?!)), I haven’t achieved anything. Though I am trying to do something, I am not working to realise, or to put in clear words, I am not trying hard to live my dream. To live your dream, you need to have the nerve which is far higher than just dreaming.

I happened to meet a person. I was really impressed by the person’s lifestyle. The compassion he had for serving people around, the modesty of neglecting unwanted rewards and the noble heart to give the reward to an orphanage.

Almost all of us want to live like him. What most of us do is to just make an oath of living so, but get intimidated or overpowered by the words of our dear surroundings and return back to our “normal” ways, hushing down our heart’s cry to live as we dreamt of.

For, to just dream is a sin. It doesn’t differentiate you from the rest of the lot. As rightly said, “Action speaks more than words” and “Helping hands are better than the praying hands”, so is “Your action speaks for you, not just your dreams”.

Work hard to “live your dream”, because, there is no use of just dreaming high.

Comments

Unknown said…
good post :)

keep going!!!
rams said…
wow...........i really thank u 4 such a wonderful post....
Anonymous said…
The post is really good sruthi....
Its not only yours dream...Most of the youngsters dream the same way and they will forget it the very next moment...
I too had a dream of making my city clean and green....but its still just a dream...and I too will forget my dream as other youngsters do...

But After reading this blog,it has provoked something in me.....

Will show the difference by action and not by words.......

Popular Posts