The unsung heroine

Can you deny that your mom is an unsung heroine? Well, no one can.

I have to admit the fact that I have been trying to wall this post for quite a long time now. I don’t know whether someone got to know about this idea or what, but within this brief time I got to see into my mom’s life closely.(Though I am “in” her life, I don’t  get to see it in the perspective that she gets to see it. But, this time I did try to.) Waiting to know what I got?

So, here I am. (I don’t want to restrict myself to just my mom. I strongly hope that this is the same for every mother. Even harder for working mothers.)

Getting at 5 in the morning daily, which is usually thought as an unearthly hour, she starts her work from the very minute she is up. She prepares food for all, not to mention the menu of morning beverages that we give her. After that preparing everyone out to office, school, college or work with the lunch that they carry, which is usually unique for every member! Now, if it is for the working woman, that is even more hectic for her. And this goes on for the whole day.

Well, do you remember times when the family has gone out for some leisure and came home for dinner? The whole lot of us will be complaining of hunger while she, with the same hunger or even more, manages a smile and cooks the dinner. After having that delicious, scrumptious cuisine, all of us are down on the bed “tired”(?!!), when she washes things off and then dozes off to start the next 24hours afresh.

There she stands.

All I have said is just things I noted “these few days”. (I wasn’t sick these few days, else it would have been even longer :) ). And I post this, one of my longest in this blog, also because of self reproach.

So…try seeing into your dear mother’s life being in her shoes (you might get a longer list than mine ;)) and  try to stop complaining of the invisible but invincible heroine of our lives, our “mother”.

Comments

Wonderful post shru :) im realizin it v.well...!
u re rite yer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts