Gratitude

Being thankful is a great virtue. It is by far, the highest sign of humility one can possess.
This dawned on me after reading a beautiful book, “The Magic”, written by Rhonda Byrne.

When my sister insisted on me reading this book, I was sceptical at first. I thought, what could being thankful do anything to my life.
But, I was wrong.
There is indeed, a true magic in having a feeling of gratitude.

I have an incident in my own life.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was so keen from the day I knew that I have conceived, that I should have nothing but a natural delivery process. I made it so clear to myself that I did almost everything anyone said would help.
But, when it was due, my gyn clearly said it has to be a c-section. God knows how I felt. Those months of strenuous work out and careful diet, everything was going into thin air. To add more to my woes, that was my first surgery, for which I knew I would carry a scar for life. I cried for two whole days.
When I got into my senses, my family was there to back me up and make it all sound so easy.
Only then I realised, what all I had to be happy for. My baby was healthy. I was too. There were no complications. It was just a simple planned procedure and I have a beautiful family to accept me and support me.
Then I made up my mind, never to whine on this again.
And so the whole process became a pleasant memory for me and everyone.

Likewise, sometimes in our lives, there are trying times. Our beliefs are judged. Our dreams are being questioned. During such occasions, gratitude can help us see things clearly. It will make us understand what greater things we have to be thankful for.

So, let us always keep in our mind that, “there is always something to be thankful for”.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good Thangam

Popular Posts