The world of a child


Every single one of us was a child. I can without doubt, say that, majority of us reminisce and wish to return to our childhood days. 
During one of such time travels, I was wondering why I always kept doing that.
It made me think!

I feel, I liked going back in time, because childhood is the most carefree state in one’s life. There aren’t high expectations on us. All we had before us was to finish our day’s homework, eat our meals properly, on time and most importantly, keep our moms happy! The last thing is the easiest to accomplish and I reckon most of us knew how to do that effortlessly ;) (even without doing the other two)!

We had our siblings and our little group of friends around our homes to play with. Nani’s* place to go to during summers - get tanned, eat our favourites without worrying about the weighing scale, look ugly and do all heck of the things our imagination guided us to.
No one cared! And that life was fun!

We weren’t looked upon as serious people. So, whatever we said was always childlike (true to its name!). And we were totally ok with that. (But, I remember, I was sometimes cross with my parents for not listening to my life advices! ;) )

I also keep pondering why, when we see a child, we automatically feel like them? Why are they so infectious? Is it their innocence; is it their adorable toddler talk; is it that broad beautiful smile and giggle that comes on their face for completely immaterial things; is it their ever wandering attention which is stunningly focused when they do their most favourite activity?
I wonder!

So beautiful and pleasant is the world of a child. Ever pure and ever loving.
Somewhere within each one of us, the same child is still there. I believe, if we can bring out that child, now and then, our so called grown up lives will always be painted beautifully just like the early morning sky!

Like how a wonderful proverb goes, “Let us be children in faith, in unconditional love and in happiness. Let us be adults in experience, in compassion and in wisdom.”


*Maternal grandmother

Comments

Shobhit said…
Such a sweet illustration about a childs nature.

Popular Posts