and that is my father!


[ This is an ode, that a little girl writes to her father. This is one that every child should give to his/her father, to make him realise that he has made the child’s life, the way it is today.
A tribute to all the lovable fathers of the world! ]

The perfectionist who drives people crazy to get his work done with that ‘extra’ that makes his work stand out from the rest of the lot and speak out for him. Also, the people’s man, who comes earnestly to attend to employee issues and support them.
And that classy boss is my father!

Street sweepers and rag pickers usually ignore or rather despise passersby. Not to blame them. They clean the streets for the good of everyone and none cares about the good of them, but one. And that one, whom no street sweeper ever forgets or ignores. They are all smiles and eager whenever his car pulls up the street. That is not just because of the money he gives them, but the love and recognition he shows. That is true happiness. ‘To see someone else happy, because of you’
And that kind man is my father!

Imagine, you are standing helpless on a road. You feel bad and low to let anyone know what you badly want. Won’t you be too relieved and emotional when some unknown person comes straight to you, asks for your problem, offers to help you out of it and wants clearly nothing for it? Well, I am acquainted with such ‘unknown person’, who happens to be the guiding light for quite a large number of people.
And that unsung hero is my father!

God is everything for him. He sees God in everyone. Everything he does, he does in the name of God. Success or failure he attributes to none but the Lord. Never has he taken the good name. But the bad name, always he takes.
And that selfless soul is my father!

The father says it, the son does it.
The mother says it, the son does it.
That son, who looked after his father in his last few years, like a mother looks after her child. The son, who can never simply sit back and see his mother struggling to do some chores.
And that devoted son is my father!

Second child in wife’s womb. All foreseers threaten, ‘THIS TOO IS A GIRL!’ Yet, the husband wants to accept his child with open arms, whatever it may be, with lot of love and affection.
That child is me.
And that loving husband is my father!

His radiant smile gives me back all my lost strengths.
His broad shoulders have always been my heaven when I am upset.
His ever open arms are ready to take me in and soothe me.
He is a strong man, who is a child at heart.
He is a tall man, who never feels ashamed to agree to almost all my little advice, yet be there to be the first to correct my mistakes.
And that embodiment of love is my dear dadda!

Comments

shruthi you have penned the greatest tribute to your father. he is an embodiment of compassion and kindness. kindness is the most difficult thing to away permanently, for it is usualy returned.kindness is wisdom and recognition of his wisdom is the begining of your wisdom. it is like a blind man carrying a lame man for the both move forward in their life
shruthi- don't get me wrong -i never ever meant your father as blind nor yourself as lame but only connotes the love,kindness,wisdom between both of you cementing a bond of undestanding
Unknown said…
Shru. gr8 one. I can say its ur master piece.Keep blogging.
Nice one :) .. really ur father wil be proud wil be proud to hav a wonderful daughter lik u!! keep rocking!!
Devi said…
And that is our anna !!
Completely agree.
Well written, Shruthi.

Popular Posts